The Friends of MacGregor Point Park are dedicated to enhancing and expanding the natural, cultural, and recreational programs in MacGregor Point Provincial Park.
What We Do:
- The Huron Fringe Birding Festival occurs annually on the two weekends, four days each, following the Victoria Day Weekend in May. There are 90 events attracting about 500 birdwatchers. The proceeds are a major contributor to our other events.
- Volunteer opportunities: Work parties for Invasive species control, Spring cleanup, BBQs supporting Friends events.
- The Huron Fringe Gift Shop at the Visitor Centre carries an attractive assortment of reading material, clothing, and souvenirs. Members receive a 15% discount on purchases.
- We hire summer students to lead educational programs
- We hire expert naturalists as speakers
- We install message boards to inform hikers about their surroundings.
- We contribute to construction projects such as the blind and tower on the Ducks Unlimited pond.